10.10.2013

New York State of Mind (Life Post)

Well, so far my experience in the city has been "Real". Real in the sense that life is expensive.  I also came to the realization that I am a Real adult now, with Real Adult bills, without a Real adult salary. Fortunately, I was able to land a really cool job in SOHO, NY. I am currently working as a sales associate for American Apparel (AA). AA is pretty awesome, my coworkers are outgoing and very social like myself, which is a plus!

Living in New York I sometimes feel out of place. Ive been doubting myself and my talents lately. New York City is a somewhat like night and day compared to North Carolina. North Carolina was satisfying, I was able to accomplish everything I would set my mind to. I knew everyone, I was able to build a strong following base and a good foundation for my brand.

Here, I feel as if I know no one. I basically have to build an entire new life for myself, sort of like starting from the bottom. My first week I was motivated by everything; I was able to move into my new Brooklyn apartment, I landed a really cool job, and I even got acquainted with my neighborhood. But, I have been living here for a month now and I already feel as if I have become complacent. I'm scared I might lose my drive, my passion, and my purpose. I kind of feel incomplete, I need motivation. There are million and one ideas that run through my brain on a daily basis.

Opportunities haven't been handed to me, so I have to create them.



No comments:

Post a Comment