1.20.2014

Rap School

It's so crazy how the world works. I'm a firm believer that with trust and faith the universe will always lead us in the right direction….

Last night I got to experience something oh so cool, "Rap School".  From the name of the event you probably could guess it's description. Rap School, consisted of live music, awesome people, and great vibes in a somewhat chill and collective atmosphere. The energy in the room was totally awesome. 

Picture this, loud speakers, original instrumental beats, vocalist, rappers and musicians all in the same room. As the beat would play an artist, any artist would instantly rap their thoughts out loud feeding of one another rhythms. I was astonished by the talent and creativity in the room, I even imagined that I was in some kind of rap hip hop opera! 

I was able to exchange a few words with the owner of the house and the mastermind behind the movement. Sellers aka chief aka he goes by so many other names and a native Washingtonian like myself claims to have been hosting events like this for a very long time. Sellers isn't your traditional NYC musician, he's creative, innovative and the complete "jack of all trades". His creative thinking is what interests fashionistas like myself. 

He decided to give me a quick tour of his place while I bombarded him with questions. I'll try to be as descriptive as possible because I hardly took any photos. Inside the air was fabricated with herbal fragrances and vodka. The rooms were filled with characters holding plastic cups and spitting dope ryhmes. There was a pool table in the middle of the living room where most of the crowed hovered around. Planted on the walls were Sellers paintings. I remember his bedroom door vividly, he seemed really enthused about it. It was a collage of nick nacks, stickers and words screaming "Free Crack". I also got to scrimmage through a collection of his cassate tapes. 

Rap School was a complete success and I'm really looking forward to attending it again next Sunday!



2 comments:

  1. Great piece.You truley captured the essence of the festivities. It was a wonderful experience I look forward to next sunday's Rap School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kendra, I appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete