2.09.2014

New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2014

This past Thursday I had an amazing opportunity to assist backstage for Designer Laurel DeWitt during fashion week. I was introduced to Laurel's brand through 4 Seasons Style Management, 4 Seasons is also where I intern for Lisa and her business partner Cappie. I've been following Lisa and Cappie for sometime now, researching their company, reading over their biographers, and practically analyzing how they built a name for themselves. I contacted Lisa consistently until I finally received a response back. After snagging an interview with Lisa's project manager things finally took off. My first day was a little intimidating, I met with a few other interns and employees for the company. That day we prepped for Laurel Dewitt's fashion show produced by 4 seasons Style Management and styled by Lisa. We organized wardrobe pieces, created photographic word documents, and a PR contact spread sheet. 

They day of the show my entire body was filled with an adrenaline  rush. I was eager and ready to tackle any task that landed my way, I was surprised at the amount of responsibility I was given. I had the privilege of waiting in Lisa's Manhattan chic office for a last minute shoe package all by myself, pretty sweet right. Once the Fedex package arrived I caught a cab and headed over to the venue. 

I arrived at the location just in time, managing to sneak in before Lisa. Inside, I observed as Lisa did her thing. Her stern but captivating personality intrigued me. Lisa and her assistant expected us to have everything organized and under control, and we did. 

Backstage time fly by rapidly, we dressed at least 20 models or more placing them in their designated spots in line. I was amazed at the final product and how everything came together despite all of the chaos prior. I admired everyones effort and dedication for putting on such a magnificent show. 

Check out the behind the scene photos below. 









No comments:

Post a Comment