1.31.2013

How to prepare for the future?


If you are a graduating senior like me, you might understand where I am coming from in this post.

I was instructed by my senior seminar professor to create a 3-5 minute speech of my future career plans over the next 3-10 years.  Originally I thought this was a simple-tedious assignment and hardly put any thought into completing it. At the time I didn't have concrete plans for my future but I felt as if I all was in tact. 

To make a long story short, I stood in front of the class unprepared, presented my future career goals and plans with very little evidence of how, when, and where I will accomplish these things. This happened yesterday and I still feel a little sour about the situation. Im a family and consumer science major who despertly wants to pursue fashion, social media, and entertainment, but I am extremely passionate about children and people. How do these things even correlate, is there a way I can intertwine them all? 

Im nervous, a few days ago I was for certain that I had my life together, or I at least thought I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment